Piano Moving Tips
- Moving piano can never be taken lightly. You need proper planning and patience to make a successful move. I have listed some of the points which will make your move little bit easier.
- Keep the doorways and driveways clear, so there are no hindrance or trip overs along the way.
- If there are kids in the house, they should not be running around. Arrange a baby sitter for them to avoid any unwanted injury.
- Pets should be locked up in a room, to avoid trip overs and injury to animals.
- Arrange or buy a piano trolley, it’s a heavy duty trolley to handle the weight of piano.
- In case of Timber flooring, use protective sheets / blankets before you start rolling the piano trolley, as moving heavy furniture can damage timber flooring or leave marks.
- Cover piano with movers blankets to protect from scratches.
- Measure the doors ways before loading the planning and make sure it can pass through the doors with at least 2 inch clearance.
- Piano is easily affected by weather and humidity; it is advisable to check the weather report before planning a piano move.
- Remove any loose piano covers, as they can rattle and fall apart in transit.
- Transit Van or Removals truck should have hydraulic lifts or tail gates to lift the piano painlessly.
- Wrap the piano with blankets, towels or protective sheets so the polished surface of the piano does not get scratched.
- Assess you navigation route, so there are no extra bumps on the road, as precision mechanism of a piano can get easily damaged with bumps and resonance from rough roads.
- In-case there are stairs involved in the move, it is most advisable to consult a piano removalist for the job, removalists have special ramps which assist them moving a piano smoothly over the stairs.
© Melbo Movers Australia. All Rights Reserved.